Medical consultation for pancreatic cancer
In pancreatic cancer there are about 10 to 12 new cases per 100,000 inhabitants in one year which suggests it as one of the rarer cancers. However, due to its aggressive growth it is one of the worst diseases in the abdomen. The disease is often detected at an advanced stage due to jaundice and pain in the abdomen and back. Weight loss, anorexia, and fatigue are frequently observed in association with cancer.
The surgery with complete resection of the tumor is still the only opportunity to cure the cancer. The examinations should be conducted in time with close cooperation with surgeons. An operation can only be performed if the cancer has not yet formed secondary tumors (metastases), for example in the liver or the lungs. For these technically difficult operations there are specialized centers today. If an operation is not possible due to the location and / or size of the tumor, chemotherapy – sometimes combined with Erlotinib (tyrosine-kinase (TK) inhibitor) is suggested.
The affected patients often lack comprehensive information on pancreatic cancer itself, about the treatment and the impact of the disease on their future life. Sufferers have to deal with many threatening feelings and thoughts.
The patients and their families are often faced with a variety of issues, concerns and decisions unprepared:
- How does the cancer make itself noticeable in the pancreas?
- What causes cancer of the pancreas?
- What tests are necessary?
- What are the treatment options?
- Must the patient be operated in every case?
- What is done if no operation is possible?
- Are there other treatment options?
- What is done during an operation?
- What do I need to cope with after the operation?
- Will I become diabetic?
- Why did my doctor recommend a chemotherapy?
- Will Erlotinib (Tarceva) be of use in my treatment?
- When will be irradiated?
- What can be done to alleviate or prevent side effects?
- Can the cancer come back?
- What can be done in the case of metastases?
- How is an effective pain-treatment done?
- What helps against the jaundice?
- Which follow-up examinations are useful?
- Can I prevent a recurrence?
- What does the disease mean for my everyday life?
- What do I need to change in my diet?
- Do I need enzymes? How many?
- How can I gain weight?
- What do I need to keep in mind in everyday life?
We devote our time to your questions. Well-versed physicians advise you with best care and high expertise. We customize the counseling to your specific individual needs and wishes. Your questions about your disease and the appropriate treatment will be answered comprehensively. Our emphasis is on your well-being: Our commitment is the quality of your everyday life coming along with best treatment of your disease. We supply you with the newest information. We take responsibility for the organzation of your therapy and arrange the necessary appointments. We will act as your medical advisor and attend to you as long as qou feel the need.
For a preliminary talk just call us. You can specify your questions and communicate your individual needs. A date agreement is always manageable at short notice. During working-days, you can call us from 9 a.m. through 6 p.m. At 0049-6221-7263888. The preliminary talk is free of charge. Or, send us your request by email firstname.lastname@example.org . We will answer each request.
Medical Consulting Center PatientCONSULT Ltd., Sofienstraße 13, 69115 Heidelberg, GERMANY, phone +49 6221 72 63 888, fax +49 6221 72 63 889, e-mail email@example.com .